Original music from the classic 1960s TV series, performed live at the 50th-anniversary celebration of THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. in Los Angeles in September 2014. The Summit Six Sextet was comprised of six top L.A. jazz musicians, in many cases performing from the original arrangements done by the composers in 1964-66. Liner notes by producer Jon Burlingame.
THE JAZZ FROM U.N.C.L.E. concert combined months of planning, research and rehearsals and distilled them into a unique blend of TV soundtrack and intimate live jazz performance. The 14 tracks were carefully chosen to capture the cool essence of U.N.C.L.E.'s world of intrigue, action, romance and espionage. The album captures all that plus liner notes from world famous music authority Jon Burlingame which makes for a unique and amazing limited edition collectors item.
1. Theme From The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (Jerry Goldsmith) 1:39
2. Meet Mr. Solo (Goldsmith) 4:24
3. Roulette Rhumba (Lalo Schifrin) 3:33
4. Slink (Gerald Fried) 1:56
5. Solo Bossa Nova (Robert Drasnin) 3:27
6. Lament for a Trapped Spy (Fried) 2:49
7. Dogfight on Wheels (Fried) 2:49
8. Emerald Island (Schifrin) 3:01
9. Off and Running (Drasnin) 2:23
10. Lips That Glow (Fried) 2:07
11. The Knife (Fried) 2:07
12. Basic Black (Drasnin) 4:59
13. There They Go (Drasnin) 2:16
14. Meet Mr. Solo / U.N.C.L.E. Theme (reprise, Goldsmith) 3:29